Saturday 9 January 2010

Things have been V quiet in the mini sweatshop!

I can't believe that it's been sooo long since I've posted! To be brutally honest, very little has been happening in my mini sweatshop over the last month...what with having a houseful for Christmas & New Year & then the snow, that means looking after my animals takes so much time, the hours in the days have just vanished into thin air!
Unlike most of the people in the UK, I actually LOVE the snow...it reminds me of growing up in one of the NE of England's highest villages, Tow Law, where we were cut off for 6 weeks every year...the snow we have now is pretty pathetic in comparison & yet we are urged all day long "not to drive unless your journey is absolutely necessary"...what a load of rubbish...English people have become so very soft that it's laughable!!
I may be like a bus again today...not one for ages & then 2 come at once, as I'm hoping to take photos of a commission that I have, at last finished & if I don't run out of hours again, I might get them posted!!
Meanwhile, would you believe that inside this brooding ark is a hen & her 3 chicks!! I'll bet she's regretting that urge to hatch some eggs now...silly bird!! I'm happy to report though, that all 3 are doing well!


4 comments:

Debbie said...

Oh Bless Lin I bet she's keeping her babies tucked up under her wings. Stuff loads of hay in there so she can snuggle..xx

Josje said...

what a load of rubbish...Haha! I'm so glad you feel that way too!
It is tough on little chicks though! I hope mom is keeping her little ones warm.

Susan@minicrochetmad said...

Daft hen! Should be taking a break from laying in winter, let alone go broody ;) No wonder we call them 'silly chooks' Downunder!

linsminis said...

Don't worry Susan..I've been calling them worse than "silly chooks" over the last few days. As the snow gets steadily deeper they refuse to walk in it & each night I have to manually chase & pick them up one x one to get the stupid birds back to the safety of their coop & electric fence otherwise good old foxy would be having a feast!