Saturday 16 January 2010

Is Love All Around?

Christmas is over for another year, Cadbury's Easter eggs are on sale already & I'm making valentines offerings.....talk about wishing your life away! Time goes quickly enough as it is, doesn't it?
I started my Valentines pieces in the usual pretty, sickly way & then, as I do, left those pretty cakes & cupcakes in my UFO pile & went off on a tangent! I decided I wanted to be a little different & make a Valentine Bouquet of cookies....so here it is...two days & nights of work...worth it in the end though!



If only I could take decent photos...whenever I try to take a piece on my finger, the lighting goes all to pot...I keep persevering though because it's a great way to show the size of a piece & might dissuade anyone from accidentally thinking that this is a real, edible offering! Yes, I have had them :-))



This "little" piece measures 10mm x 10mm x 25mm to the top of the highest cookie.
The worst part to create was the damned ribbon bow on the front of the little box...any florists out there who may happen to read this....step by step instructions would be greatly appreciated!!

7 comments:

kimsminiatures said...

Love is in the air! Valentines is my favorite to do in miniature by far. Your cookie box is adorable and so small. Hugs~ Kim

Linda Carswell said...

Another wonderful work of art! The finger photos are the best as you say, as you do get the right impression of the 'scale'....it is funny though, every time I see one of those photos I find myself sitting in front of my computer with my finger pointing out (like you do) trying to imagine just how small they really are...have I now gone a little miniature mad...?

Regards, Linda

Arantxa Fariña said...

Wonderfull!!

Susan@minicrochetmad said...

Lovely! I like to see things on a finger too. Here is a bow tutorial.
http://www.cynthiahoweminiatures.com/bowmakingtut.htm

linsminis said...

Susan...thank you! I've had a quick look & it looks just the thing I could have used & so much easier than the way I did it! THANK YOU!!

stil-blicke.blogspaot.com said...

Eine hübsche Miniaturarbeit... gefällt mir sehr gut. Und die Hochzeitstorten haben es mir auch angetan, die sehen so lecker aus.

Ich werde bestimmt des öfteren bei Dir vorbai schauen.

Liebe Grüße an Dich

PuNo / Monika

alpal said...

These heart lollies make me crazy! You have totally inspired me to get off the computer and start creating Valentines Day goodies!!!