Thursday 3 May 2012

Who can't help but love fresh rhubarb?

About the only good thing about this cold, grey & miserable weather we are suffering in UK for the past couple of months is that my rhubarb has never looked (or tasted) better than it does this year! It seems to be thriving in this miserable weather!.....are we ever going to have some warmth...I'm seriously beginning to think that we will never get summer here this year!

You know by now that I like to make a mini of my food faves of the moment so here's one of the little baskets that I made in the quiet moments of "new baby" duties filled with freshly picked rhubarb..although I have to say that the leaves on my real rhubarb are 3 times the size of the mini variety!


At the same time, I'm still going through a craving for cheese...any cheese, at any time! Last night's offering to my craving was a delicious baked Camembert &....yes, you guessed it...I made one in mini too....:-)


6 comments:

rosanna said...

Linda you food is simply wonderful. I can smell it from here ;o))
Rosanna

miraclechicken said...

So perfect! I think I smell it too!!!

Eliana said...

Amazing miniatures food!

onbeingaminimum said...

Baked cheese with crusty bread. Mmmmmm, so yummy.

Ascension said...

Un trabajo fantastico y absolutamente real.
besitos ascension

Jackie said...

So real looking! I like the setup with the life-size rhubarb, those scenes always magnify the scale so much better!

Hugs,
Jackie