Friday 28 August 2009

A cake challenge!

Over on CDHM, Marlene challenged us to recreate in miniature some simply fabulous "real" cakes. I've been itching to have a go at quite a few of them & today, having far too many commissions to complete, I decided I was going to have some "me" creating time & decided on trying to make a mini of the most fabulous Mad Hatters Tea Cup cake & here's the result!



It measures just over an inch in height & was such fun to make.....even if I did a whole lot of cursing when trying to make the tiny Alice, Hatter & Queen of Hearts! LOL

9 comments:

Stephanie Kilgast said...

lol I understand the need of some 'me' time :D

And the cake is wonderful!

kimsminiatures said...

This looks wonderful Linda. This is the same cake I wanted to try. I haven't found time yet. Yours looks PERFECT!!!! Mini hugs! Kim

Daisy said...

Is wonderful!

linsminis said...

Thanks girls!
Kim..you must make time..it really was fun to do..now I fancy the laptop but the orders have to be done now!!
Mini hugs back! :-))

Betty said...

That is a beautiful cake! :D I wish I have time for that myself. This is driving me nuts!

Mags Cassidy said...

That looks like you had fun - I have forgotten what mini-fun is - shouldn't complain but commissions can become hard work, can't they?
Mags
x

Jo Raines said...

It's wonderful! I love the teacups with their whimsical expressions!

Jody
Mini Leaps and Bounds

Teresa Martínez- IGMA artisan said...

Muy original y divertido!!

Debbie said...

Fabulous..xx