Sunday 2 May 2010

Chocolate croissants

I'm supposed to be working on a commission for a couple of 3 tiered stands full of the dreaded cupcakes & to be quite honest, it doesn't take too much for me to get sidetracked from the numbingly boring cupcake making! As I had the clay mixed & the pastel colours already on my workbench, I went off on a tangent (nothing new there!!) & decided that I fancied making some chocolate croissants...I think possibly because at that moment I had a craving for a "real" croissant...chocolate or not. Then I had to tempt myself even more by making one of the croissants with melting chocolate oozing out of it...that was IT...to hell with the miniature, inedible versions...guess what I had for a snack! Yes....a delicious buttery croissant, heatted up & spread with yet more butter & then Nutella.....sheer heaven! My excuse is that it has given me the energy to face thousands more of those cupcakes! :-))



7 comments:

Debbie said...

Lin I have to tell you that bottom picture made my mouth water. Not that I have any croissants in the house, but I do have some Nutella. Think a teaspoon full is called for..LOL xx

Stephanie Kilgast said...

lol! Yeah I know that feeling about commissions as well. I always make them in a last minute urge because I don't want to make them XD
Wonderful looking croissants! so yummy!

LaBelleCuisine Miniaturas / ShabbyParis Dolls said...

they look so real...and I love chocolate!!!!

Patty said...

Linda, They look so delicious!! I can see why you had to have one with your tea!!! Hey, I have finally started a blog and would love to have you stop by for a visit!!

Patty :)

Sumaiya Mehreen said...

Hi Linda! Were you signed in when you tried to vote? If not, then the system might not let you vote...if you are signed in and still can't vote on the Mini Food Blog Birthday Bash Contest, please leave a comment on the blog!

Tiny Delights said...

LOLLLLL. I also know that feeling Linda! :) Cupcakes, many cupcakes, so boring... Anyway, your croissants look decious and tasty.
Good work! As usual :)

Ana

kimsminiatures said...

These are so beautiful Linda. I really love your work. Hugs~ Kim