Friday 5 August 2011

Workspace chaos!

Oh dear...why do I seem to be incapable of finishing one thing before starting another? Is it only me or is anybody else afflicted with this problem?  In my defence, whenever I'm working on one particular thing, there is always a "waiting time"..either glue, resin or icing needs to set...& in that time, rather than waste it, I start on something else! THAT's why my workspace always seems to be in a chaotic state!


In this photo how many UFO's can you see?....In my defence...again (methinks the lady doth protest too much!"...Macbeth for the uninitiated!) part of this photo is a large commission order & the beginnings of another! As the sun was shining here today & I didn't want to waste it entirely, as the forecast is for heavy rain all weekend, I decided to start on basket weaving 'cos I don't need my magnifier for that & could enjoy the sun whilst doing it..but, guess what...yep....before I've finished one, I try experimenting on another! There's no hope for me really!

11 comments:

DLSarmywife said...

You are certainly not alone in the creative chaos, and having multiple projects going at one time! =D

Patty said...

Linda, I only wish my work space looked like yours now! Yours doesn't look chaotic at all. I love the baskets you are making!!!!

Maru said...

:-D Tendrías que ver mi taller :-D el día que yo lo tenga tan organizado en mi casa no se lo van a creer :-)
Un beso.

marlies said...

O, I recognize it, I'm so chaotic, I do have to try something else too, can not finish anything at ones!
Love those baskets you're doing and I bet they are going to be beautiful!
* marlies

Garden of Miniatures said...

Oh,what a orderly work space :-)! Good that I'm far away from you and you can't see mine.At the moment I have 20cm place on a very large table,UFO's everywhere .But what I see on your table looks like food for a bakery,right?! Hugs,Jeannette

Susanne said...

I can only add one comment: Mine is always worse. Yours look like mine, when I have been cleaning the room. When there is no more space there, I often move to the other rooms or outside in the summer time ;-)
And no one will ever cure me, I guess..
Love, Susanne

Karina Schaapman said...

Greetings from http://www.the-mouse-mansion.blogspot.com/

Belinda said...

still looks very tidy !!! =D

Jollie said...

LOL better is asking who doesn't know this issue in minimaking, I am the same too ;-) but it is always good to know that we are not the only ones :0)
I believe the most important is that you are having fun and enjoy the things you create.

Hugs Jollie

Maria said...

I have that problem too! I can be so messy!My mother always finish of one project before she starts another one, but i am working on many project at the same time and do what i feel like. Lucky my boyfriend is so sweet and he don't mind eating with his plate on his lab because the diningtable is full of projects who needs to dry or cleaned up.
You work way more organized than me.
Hugs
Maria

mintwonderland said...

i totally agree with you, there is always some waiting period. i like to see people's working space, i feel like i will know them better and i didn't feel alone in mini world.trust me, you workspace is not as chaotic as mine, when you see might you will hate it.. hahaha...