Monday 19 April 2010

Fruit, fruit & yet more fruit!

Over the last few days, I've been driving myself mad, not to mention, blind, by making literally thousands of tiny fruits. Red & blackcurrants, gooseberries, raspberries, grapes & strawberries all to add to an extravagant chocolate & fresh fruit wedding cake that in my madness I decided I would make! The cake is almost half finished now & I decided that I needed a break from it & so this little pedestal was born! It wasn't too much of a break though, but at least I was putting tiny fruits somewhere other than on a chocolate cake! :-))
The entire pedestal measures 21mm high & is 20mm at the widest point......I'm sick of summer fruit before it's even grown! :-))

6 comments:

Wendie-kins said...

WOW that is absolutely perfect! I cant believe it is really that tiny!! I am in awe :o)
....and its made me hungry too LOL

Debbie said...

Lin that is beautiful. Its a wonder you don't go blind.
Looks like Real Fruit and veg in the shops will start to get scarce soon, with none being flown in.

linsminis said...

Thanks ladies!
Debbie...I know...I only wish this damned volcano had erupted while I was out in UAE, now that would have been just awful...I'd have had to stay!! :-))

Whittaker's Miniatures said...

Oooh another one for me to keep an eye on Linda, I so need some fruit bowls and this is so glamorous, perfect! Kate xx

Michelle said...

It's wonderful and a work of art! I can see why all the detail must have driven you made and blind! Worth the effort though! :o))

Michelle xx

Jo Raines said...

Simply beautiful! I love this! The color, texture and display are wonderful!

Jody